East Dulwich hosted a festival with all the trimmings when the Christmas Cracker returned for its fifth outing on Saturday 3rd December. Over 7,000 locals and visitors were on the streets of East Dulwich to soak up the atmosphere and enjoy an away of festive fun including:
- A Bandstand with performances from Local Bands, Choirs, Theatre Groups; compèred by local comedy duo, Scummy Mummies.
- A Kid’s Christmas Disco with The Little Disco Company.
- Quirky roaming entertainers provided by local alternative comedy club, Pull the Other One.
- Pop Up musical performances with Zoe Webster’s Open Mic.
- A Christmas Wreath competition run by The Fresh Flower Company raising money for Horticultural Therapy Trust
- A Festive North Cross Road Market with fabulous gifts and delicious festive foods.
- A Christmas Jumper Competition judged by the East Dulwich Women’s Institute raising funds for Southwark Foodbank.
- A Christmas Treasure Hunt run by Link Age Southwark.
- A community area including stalls from Link Age Southwark, East Dulwich Women’s Institute, Southwark Children’s Brass Band, 34th Camberwell Scout Group and London Wildlife.
- Arts & Crafts workshops, Poetry and Storytelling activities for kids and grown-ups.
- Loads of Exclusive offers, gifts and activities with fantastic local traders and businesses.
- Appearances from both Father Christmas and Miss Christmas
The East Dulwich Christmas Cracker was part of the Southwark Presents programme and was funded by Southwark Council and contributions from traders of the North Cross Road Market.