Hundreds of people came along to enjoy all the fun of the fair in West Dulwich on Saturday 14th May. The fair, which was the centre piece of the weekend activities of the Dulwich Festival, took place on on Park Hall Road, Croxted Road and Rosendale Road in West Dulwich.
It was a meeting of local residents, local shops and entertainment which everyone enjoyed. Local residents were overjoyed to have the fair take places and create a centre for West Dulwich. Local trader Sheila O’Reilly from Dulwich Books reported an huge turnout and a very successful day for West Dulwich.
The entertainment was provided by local school choirs, local musicians and street entertainers. The full list comprised of:
- Musical performances from local bands, choirs and theatre groups
- Petting zoo with the Vauxhall City Farm.
- Free kid’s funfair ride (kindly provided by Gareth James Property)
- Maypole dancing workshops and performances with Donna Maria
- Arts & Crafts workshops for kids
- Treasure Hunt and other competitions
- Arts & craft market
- Street food market and craft beer stall
- A chance to meet stall holders from West Dulwich’s brand new Fresh Produce Market
- Exclusive offers from fantastic local traders and businesses
- Street entertainment and street art
- A fire engine
- Local charities, including: Link Age Southwark, L’Arche, Food Bank and Evelina (supported by Kinleigh Folkard & Hayward)
The Love West Dulwich Spring Fair is part of the Dulwich Festival and is funded by Southwark Council, sponsorship and contributions from local businesses.