Could you create something new using unwanted fabrics?
You are challenged to create an original piece of decorative textile design work, or a garment, accessory or furnishing, using fabrics, trimmings and other textilematerials that would otherwise be thrown away or donated to charity.
- £100 voucher towards craft materials and equipment
- free place on one of the Council’s textiles courses, up to the value of £75.
People’s Choice winner:
- an eReader
- £30 voucher towards a textiles or floral design course.
What the judges are looking for
The judges will consider how well you have met the following criteria:
- creativity and design skills and the standard of construction – does the item look professional and is it saleable?
- most original or innovative use of materials
- ongoing sustainability for example: does the entry use waste textiles or accessories that would have gone to landfill, and could the item potentially be reproduced from a continued supply of waste?
How to enter
Submit an application form with accompanying images of your work for the initial shortlisting process by 12 noon on 30 September 2016. Application forms can be downloaded here.
Each entrant can submit a maximum of two items. Shortlisting will take place in early October and the overall winner will be announced on 12 October. Adult Learning Lewisham staff are excluded from entering the competition.