Forest Hill Fashion Week is back! And this year with a theme of ‘Creativity, Community and Culture’ – three things that definitely make Forest Hill such a vibrant and unique part of London. There are several themed events planned for the week to involve the whole community, as well as the main catwalk fashion show in a marquee in central Forest Hill featuring local and up and coming designers. The catwalk event will close with a very special show from ‘Pavement to Catwalk’, an inspiring organisation dedicated to involving people with mental health problems, addiction issues and disabilities in creative projects using fashion and design. Visit www.facebook.com/PavementtoCatwalkUK for more information.
Forest Hill Creates Fashion! A mannequin will be displayed at the Archie Parker, Dartmouth Rd, from Sunday 20 September. All members of the community are welcome to come along throughout the week and contribute to creating a unique fashion piece that will be displayed as a centre piece at the final fashion show.
Sunday 20 September
- 1-3pm – Kids design workshop at Sugar Mountain to design a Mad Hatters Hat! There will be a Mad Hatters Tea Party on Dartmouth Road on Sunday 27th. More workshop info to follow on www.fhfw.co.uk
Thursday 24 September
- Join Pavement to Catwalk designer Donald Waugh at the Railway Telegraph in a workshop adding your creative touches to fashion pieces created by local designers. 3-7pm
Friday 25 September
- 4.30 – 6pm Sugar Mountain, Fashion Cupcake Workshops with Gabi Makes Cakes!
- 4.30 – 6pm Kids fashionable face painting workshops, Hooray Party shop 73 Dartmouth Rd
- 6.30-8pm Performance workshops with Gems Performing Arts which will showcase at the Sunday Tea Party and Catwalk show. Rockbourne Youth Club
- Railway telegraph ‘Drop Red Gorgeous’ hot salsa live music. Come dressed in your best red outfit! 8pm onwards
Saturday 26 September
- Main Catwalk Show 2pm Dartmouth Road, Fashion Marquee (outside Heron House)
- Kids balloon Model-ling, Hooray Party shop 73 Dartmouth rd 12-2pm
- Catwalk after show party. Fashion Fever at the Hill Bar, Dartmouth road 8pm onwards. All welcome!
Sunday 27 September
- 2.30 – 4.30 Mad Hatters Tea Party on Dartmouth Road! Bring snacks and come dressed in your wonderful and wackiest costumes! Followed by a kids catwalk show 4.30 – 5.30. Prizes by local businesses