On Saturday 9th February from 3pm-5pm, there will be a punk literary event, titled simply Punk Rock Special, organised by Crofton Books, hosted by the Crofton Park Community Library, for which the event is a benefit.
This will be part of that weekend’s annual London Book Crawlin support of independent bookshops, including Crofton Books.
The event is centred around the acclaimed book Punk is Dead: Modernity Killed Every Night (Zer0 Books) by local author Richard Cabut.
It will feature readings from the book by Richard Cabut and other contributors, as well as local poets and original punk rock luminaries. There will also be a Q and A session.
- Richard Cabut (Editor/Author of Punk is Dead)
- John ‘Boogie’ Tiberi (Sex Pistols’ tour manager/photographer, described by Sid Vicious in 1977 as ‘the fifth Sex Pistol’)
- Tony D (Contributor to Punk is Dead and editor of Ripped & Tornfanzine).
- Kirsty Allison (Local poet and editor of Peckham arts magazine Cold Lips)
- Jason Shelley (Local poet and Crofton Books organiser)
Punk Rock Special
Saturday 9th February
3pm – 5pm
Crofton Park Library, 375 Brockley Rd, London SE4 2AG.
Station: Crofton Park. Tube: Honor Oak Park or Brockley (both London Overground).