In a bid to increase awareness of her Go Fund Me Page for life changing stem cell treatment Tracey Hergest (37) will be attempting to complete 10 local parkruns in different locations during 2019.
Parkrun is a weekly, free, timed 5km race taking place at 9am in parks all over the world and open to everyone to take part.
Tracey, suffering severely from Multiple Sclerosis, can’t run at the moment, in fact she can only walk a short distance with sticks. So, she can only take on this challenge with the help of her willing runner friends who will help push and carry where needed her wheelchair around each course with Tracey herself attempting to walk as much of the last part of the course as she can.
This really is a race to walk for Tracey who may soon not be able to take part at all without the treatment she so desperately needs.
Parkruns where you will see Tracey and her team of helpers.
- 5th January – Dartford Park, Dartford
- 12th January – Danson Park, Bexley
- 19th January – Avery Hill Park, Eltham
- 26th January – Dulwich Park, Dulwich Common
A pause in the challenge while Tracey endures scheduled, gruelling treatment in hospital.
- 6th April – Norman Park, Bromley
- 13th April – Goddinton Park, Orpington
- 27th April – Beckenham Place Park, Beckenham
- 4th May – Footscray Meadows
- 18th May – Great Lines, Medway
- 25th May – Dartford Heath (The last one!)
Schedule may change, keep an eye on the page.
Tracey was supported by some strong runners from Wilmington trail runners the last three weeks and managed an incredible 39 minutes in Dartford, 40 minutes at Danson Park and 35 minutes at Avery Hill Park.
Visit the page to read her story and please donate what you can: