Making and Creating
- Cooking Course: How to Meal Prep – Sunday 22nd September
- How to Make a Film in a Weekend – 28th & 29th September
Literature & Performance
- Journal Writing for Parents – 5 week drop in course, starting Tuesday 24th September
- FOOD Bigger than the plate: Curator Talk – Wednesday 25th September
Health & Caring
- Windrush Injustices: Memories and Mental States – Wednesday 11th September
This event aims to highlight and discuss the mental plight of the victims of the Windrush Scandal and the wider society in which they live. With a panel of contributors, including David Neita (the Poetry Lawyer) and Helen Hayes (the MP for Dulwich and West Norwood), participants will be invited to discuss ideas around healing and restoration within the context of the Windrush scandal.
- Mental Health in the Workplace – Tuesday 17th September
- Learning to Care: Planning Ahead – Saturday 21st September
An event looking at preparing for the next stages of caring, such as setting up Lasting Powers of Attorney or Advance Decisions, applying for benefits such as Attendance Allowance and Carer’s Allowance and encouraging people to talk about their wishes towards the end of their lives.
- Death Café – Friday 27th September
Dyslexia & Neurodiversity
- Dyslexia Fair – Saturday 14th September
A day dedicated to raising awareness and knowledge of dyslexia. There will be stalls where you can try out different products designed to aid dyslexic learning and chances for families and teachers to meet specialist suppliers, publishers, technological innovators and educators. We will also have a timetable of talks and workshops on different aspects dyslexia and neurodiversity.
- How to support a child with dyscalculia – Thursday 19th September
- How to encourage emotional intelligence in children – Thursday 26th September
- Neurodiversity & the teenage brain – Monday 30th September
Would you like to learn how to use social media?
Be part of a team of social media volunteers at Bell House, managing our social media channels and learning together. We would love to hear from you – email firstname.lastname@example.org get involved.