Georgia Lindsay, a local garden designer, is thrilled to be a finalist in this year’s Grand Designs competition. Georgia is one of 4 finalists for the ‘Grand Designs Garden Designer of the Year 2014′ and will build her show garden at Grand Designs Live at ExCel from London from 3rd to the 11th May.
Georgia originally trained in theatre design and is an established mural artist and interior decorator. In 2010 she developed a passion for garden design, specializing in transforming small city gardens in to oases of tranquility.
Georgia’s Garden Design
A family garden, where relaxation and play co-exist harmoniously. Children can be supervised from the suspended chair as they play with sand and water, or read books together in the cozy cushion-filled seat pod. It’s a low maintenance garden for a busy family. Reclaimed whitewashed wooden boards form a framework for this sustainable garden. Drought-resistant grasses and synthetic turf do not require watering or mowing, whilst the wild daisies interspersed among the grasses will attract butterflies and insects.
It is a flexible space that reflects the evolving needs of a growing family. The two circular pits can be turned into a sand or ball pit. The deeper of the two can also be transformed into a fire pit with seating around the edge. Both areas can be fully capped off with a grass-clad lid to create open space ideal for ball games or parties. The colourful Tubtrugs® have endless multiple uses and can be up-cycled as desired. They also make the perfect kids’ sized chairs, playfully stacked in rainbow colours. The oversized mural frames the space and gives the garden a magical backdrop, playing with scale to produce a fairy playground where butterflies dance among the wild daisies.
Georgia is offering a pair of tickets to Grand Design Live to readers of Around Dulwich. The lucky winner will also receive a free garden design consultation from Georgia www.georgialindsaygardendesign.com
Just click on the widget below to enter –
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions apply
- This competition is open to residents of the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland aged 18 years or over, except for those associated with the production company, their families or anyone else associated with this competition.
- All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be received by the advertised closing time date.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. The prize is subject to availability.
- Winners will be chosen at random through Rafflecopter, which uses random.org and the winners will be notified as soon as possible after the draw.
- The winner will be contacted by e-mail, if they do not reply within 3 days another winner may be chosen.
- Events may occur that render the competition itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter, and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- Around Dulwich is responsible for the first part of the promotion, which is the publication and adjudication of the competition. All other facilities connected with the provision of the prize are the responsibility of the Promoter.
- English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.
- By submitting an entry through Rafflecopter, all entrants are acknowledging and accept the terms and conditions for the giveaway.
- Each winning entry will be validated, and if the instructions for entry have not been followed for that Rafflecopter entry, a new winner will be chosen
- Each Rafflecopter entry is a single entry into the giveaway and stands alone as such. Any incorrect entries from the winner only make these entry methods invalid, not all the winners’ entries. The winning entry method from them will still be valid as long as it complies with our other terms and conditions.
Closing date is Thursday 1st May 2014 at 11.59pm GMT